Coastal Training Program
The Coastal Training Program serves as a forum for Southwest Florida professionals working to resolve environmental issues of local significance. Through training, field education and networking, professionals benefit from science-based information, skills and access to technology and partnerships. The mission of the Coastal Training program is to encourage Decision-Makers to take actions that promote the environmental and economic health of human and natural communities. A range of services are available from this department of Rookery Bay and are aimed at a wide variety of professions.
Professional Development and Training
An array of planned and custom programs are available on a wide range of topics. All programs are hands-on and motivational, conducted by experts, scientifically accurate, and politically neutral.
Current course offerings:
- Certification and continuing education for Landscape Professionals
- Train the Trainer Program for Landscape Professionals
- Ecotour Operator Training Series
The Coastal Training Program is able to bring a variety of programs to professionals via webinar on topics ranging from MPA Enforcement Strategies to Sustainable Urban Greenscapes.
Partner with Coastal Training to add professionalism, credibility and in-depth knowledge to your existing conference, training or workshop. Take advantage of:
- Environmental Learning Center, auditorium, classrooms and, exhibits
- Network of experts
- Professional facilitators
- Boat-based and field excursions
Consultations & Technical Support
Consult with Coastal Training Specialists to help you discover your options before a big investment or to better communicate critical scientific data and concepts. Services include:
- Information and data searches
- Model ordinance and BMP references
- Presentation review and refinement