ROOKERY BAY NATIONAL ESTUARINE RESEARCH RESERVE
Making a Difference
Acres of rejuvenated through prescribed burns
# of hatchlings that emerged through efforts of our Sea Turtle Program
% of Teachers on the Estuary educators that will integrate marine science into curriculum
% of coastal training participants that apply knowledge to workplace
Working together to protect a unique environment
- Leading the way for innovative conservation and land management practices – crucial for adapting to constantly changing environments.
- Monitoring of water, weather, plants and animals help scientists and government leaders detect differences before they become problems.
- Inspiring 3,000 students and teachers to be stewards of our coast
- Educating 50,000+ people through eco-tours, classes, events and outreach programs
- Protecting hundreds of sea turtle nests from predators, giving thousands of hatchlings a chance to reach the sea.
- Working to eradicate non-native, invasive plants and animals threatening Florida’s beautiful native wildlife, none more challenging than Burmese pythons.
- Educating more than 6,000 community leaders, business owners and elected officials about connections between coastal science, management and our local economy.
- 99% reported increase in knowledge by training program participants while 92% reported applying information learned to their work.