ROOKERY BAY NATIONAL ESTUARINE RESEARCH RESEREVE
Making a Difference
Acres of rejuvenated through prescribed burns
# of hatchlings that emerged through efforts of our Sea Turtle Program
% of Teachers on the Estuary educators that will integrate marine science into curriculum
% of coastal training participants that apply knowledge to workplace
Working together to protect a unique environment
Our Impact: 2018-2019 Season
- Mangrove Symposium Shines a Spotlight on Global Research and Collaboration
- Acoustic monitoring makes great strides in better understanding shark behaviors in relation to environmental change.
- 31 Field Trip Programs serve 1,030 students and 28 teachers, providing 3,191 contact hours.
- Sold out Summer Institute for Marine Science brings students into the estuary for hands-on experiences related to ecology, marine biology, sustainability and citizen science.
- Strike Team mobilized resources to assist our sister reserve, Apalaachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve, after the devastating impacts of Hurricane Michael
- Significant efforts focused on combating detrimental effects of invasive species.
- Biennial Legislative Day educates staffers from FL Senate and House of Representatives about connections between coastal science, management and our local economy.