FRIENDS OF ROOKERY BAY
Friends of the Community
- Participate in outreach events to increase awareness and recruit volunteers
- Mobilize partners and resources to support the Reserve
#1 Kayak Tours in the Nation
- We connected with 295% more people by expanding from 6-month to year-round boat and kayak offerings with our exclusive eco-tour partner, Rising Tide Explorers, who was voted the #1 Kayaking Tour by USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards in 2020 & 2021.
Record Sea Turtle Nest Adoptions
- 60 adopted nests funded Claire Charde’s sea turtle internship and project suppliesfor the Reserve’s turtle program. 142 nests were identified and protected against predation, resulting in 7,122 emerged hatchlings!
Boat Tours Accessible for All on “Dino Days”
- A generous donation by Carol Donahue, in honor of her late husband, provides access for all. “Before Mike died of ALS, he asked that I donate our boat to an organization that would use it to allow other people with disabilities to experience the joy of being out in the water. Friends of Rookery Bay, with all of its educational programming, is the perfect organization to carry forth Mike’s passion.”