Ed-ventures are educational adventures and Rookery Bay has something for everyone! Learn about Manatees or Sea Turtles during an array of Daily Coastal Connections programs offered at the Environmental Learning Center, or enjoy a guided walk outside on the Snail Trail. In June and July, the entire family can enjoy Kids FREE Fridays!
- Expand your knowledge during a Lunch & Learn lecture
- Broaden your horizons with our Amazing Adventures evening lecture series
- Enhance your skills during Wing It! birding workshops, photography classes or art lessons
- For an on-the-water experience, check out a kayak or boat tour, and see the Reserve in a new light
- Learn about and enjoy the beautiful coastal ecosystem that we diligently work to protect here at Rookery Bay Reserve at National Estuaries Day
Lectures & Classes
Our lecture series, workshops and classes are fun ways to learn more about the florida local coastal environment.
Students & Teachers
Rookery Bay educates an average of 3000 students through field trips annually. There are three main field trip programs.
ELC Tours: Enjoy a personal tour of the facility led by a volunteer or staff interpreter.
Scouts: Rookery Bay Reserve is proud to provide hands-on programming for Scouts of any age, from Brownies to Eagle Scouts.
Camps: Summer camper groups can visit the reserve for field trips and activities.
Registration coming soon.
Join us for a variety of special events developed to deliver positive, rewarding experiences that increase awareness and understanding