Join our exclusive ecotour partner, Rising Tide Explorers for an adventure into the Rookery Bay Reserve! The guides of RTE are active local biologists, certified naturalists, and certified kayaking instructors making them the most qualified guides in the region to bring you and your family on a memorable and educational adventure into the estuary. Paddle through beautiful mangrove tunnels, teeming mudflats, and intricate oyster reefs while searching for amazing wildlife like sea stars, large snails, birds, dolphin and manatee!
You can choose between a single or tandem kayak for your journey. Tandem kayaks are great for families with small children. Conditions do vary, but usually consist of calm, waist-deep water and sunshine! These tours are perfect for the first-time paddler or pro. Get out and explore the backwaters of Southwest Florida with the experts! FREE HD photography is included with every tour!
Mangrove Tunnels and Mudflats Tour
Duration: 2.5 - 3 hours
Location: Isle of Capri Paddlecraft Park, Naples, FL
Sunset Bird Rookery Tour
Duration: 2 - 3 hours
Location: Shell Island Road Boat Launch, Naples, FL
Important Notes for Trip Participants:
- Registration is required. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation.
- Cost is $55 - $75 (10% off for members) and includes a kayak, all equipment, paddling instruction and admission to the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
- Tours offer single or tandem kayaks and accommodate children ages 3 and up. Participants ages 16-17 are not required to have a parent or guardian present on the actual tour. Weight limit: 250 pounds.
- Wear closed-toed shoes and clothes that you do not mind getting wet.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, sun block, bug spray and a water bottle.
- Leave all electronic equipment locked in your car as you will get wet.
- In the event of severely inclement weather, your trip leader will contact you on the morning of the trip at the phone number you provide when registering and receive a full refund.
- Meet at launch site 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time.
- All participants must sign and hand in a waiver at the time of or before registration.
- Duration: 2-3 hours (hours vary depending on tour)