Save the Date: 9th Annual Batfish Bash for the Bay
Friday, March 16, 2018
6:00 - 10:30 p.m.
Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
300 Tower Road, Naples, Florida
Celebrate the taste and feel of Old Florida and life along the Gulf coast. Enjoy live music, cocktails, sunset on the bridge over Henderson Creek, dinner and dancing, and other surprises at Rookery Bay Research Reserve's colorful nature center.
Event planner and Friends board member Milda Vaivada is re-imaging our signature event, now in its 9th year. Expect an evening of Southern Charm reminiscent of Collier County 100 years ago, Old Florida fare, tunes from Three Crooked Steps that will get you on the dance floor, and a focus on YOU having a GOOD TIME.
What's new this year?
- No silent auction, though you can chat with Rookery Bay Research Reserve staff at their Fund-a-Need tables and learn how their work helps our water quality, wildlife and even our homes.
- A new, level location for the dinner tent (ladies are still encouraged to wear flat shoes).
- Complimentary valet parking.
- Professional auctioneer Rick Gallo, who will highlight our Exclusive and Limited Live Auction items...and quickly get everyone back to dancing the night away!
- Our new Friends of Rookery Bay Executive Director, Athan Barkoukis, who looks forward to greeting you.
Many thanks to our fabulous committee for planning a memorable event for us.
Honorary Chair: J. Dudley Goodlette
Chairperson: Karyn Capozzo
Committee Members: Pat Carroll, Muffy Clark Gill, C.J.O’Connor, Bruce Robertson, Milda Vaivada, Mary Vertin, Lori Wagor, Tom Wagor and Sandi Wilson.
About: The Friends of Rookery Bay supports needed environmental education, research and stewardship within the 110,000-acre Rookery Bay Research Reserve through fundraising, volunteerism and community outreach.
The Batfish Bash for the Bay supports the work of the Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, a Southwest Florida Treasure.