WHAT: Festival of Birds
WHEN: January 17-19, 2020
WHERE: Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
300 Tower Road Naples, FL 34113
HOW: Register at rookerybay.org
Join Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the 2020 Festival of Birds. From January 17-19, this annual event allows guests to explore the local environment through guided field trips to wildlife hot spots around Southwest Florida, and features nature programs with expert speakers at the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.
Festival of Birds attendees can customize their experience by selecting from a variety of field trips, including birding walks, kayak tours, buggy rides, swamp “tromps” and boat rides. Trips range in price from $0-$150. Advance registration is required.
Field trips offered this year include:
- Isles of Capri Paddlecraft Park: Mangrove Tunnel & Mudflat Kayak Tour
- Big Cypress National Preserve: Canoe Adventure & Boardwalk Birding
- Keewaydin Island: Sunset to Starlight Boat Tour
- Rookery Bay: Sunset Kayak Tour or Sunset Cruise
- Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary: Swamp Buggy Trip
- Tigertail Beach: Beach Birding for Beginners
Please remember, maintaining a safe distance is imperative for a successful nesting season for all of Florida’s wild life.
Rookery Bay Research Reserve
Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve stretches across 110,000 acres of pristine mangrove forest, uplands and protected waters. We are committed to preservation through research, education, and land protection.