WHAT: Science Saturdays and Eco-Holiday Crafts
WHEN: Every Saturday from October through April, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center
On Science Saturdays, kids and adults can discover the plants, fish and wildlife that call Rookery Bay Research Reserve’s 110,000 acres home. It’s the perfect opportunity to get up-close with nature through marine life touch tanks and trail walks, while at the same time learning about environmental science through interactive exhibits.
On Science Saturdays, the entire family can explore and enjoy:
• Touch tanks and aquariums at the Estuary Encounter
• Exhibits and programs about the local waters, manatees, sharks, sea turtles and more
• Interactive displays on pioneer life and Native Americans of the region
• A close-up look at microscopic organisms in the Junior Scientist area
• On- site observation bridge, nature trails, art gallery and gift shop
Nov. 24 – Dec. 29, Science Saturdays will get festive with Eco-Holiday Crafts themed around local sea life. The craft room is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and a food truck will be onsite to help guests celebrate the holidays.
Find more information about Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center.